Duk Li Dim Sum – Seattle

Seattle’s Chinatown is a little small, but there certainly is no shortage of places to eat.  We had previously found a small place to have some nice Char Siew Bao, but wondered what the dim sum was like.  So one day, we decided to eat at Duk Li for dim sum.

It’s a smaller place, and the menu is a little limited.  But the prices are low and the food is not bad at all.

The dim sum staple – Har Gow.  I always say that you have to be able to see the filling in order for the Har Gow to be nice.  A lot of places make the skin too thick and that’s a no-no for me.  This is what it should look like.  That’s 75% of the way to tasting good.  At Duk Li, they have the other 25% also.  Nice Har Gow!

IMG_5050

Siew Mai is another one of those that need to have a consistent look to the filling.  This does, and the taste is also right there!

IMG_5051

The Lean Pork and Century Egg Congee leaves a little to be desired though.  Not enough ingredients and a little bland.

IMG_5052

Egg Tarts.  These are nice on the filling, the crust, a little too mushy for me.

IMG_5053

Oven Baked Char Siew Bao.  I really prefer these over the steamed ones.  And this one is nice!

IMG_5054

Shrimp Chee Cheong Fun.  The flour is thin, as it should be.  But a little too broken up.  But the taste is good.

IMG_5055

A really deep fried Spring Roll!  It’s not bad at all.

IMG_5056They have the staples here for Dim Sum.  You won’t find extravagant ones, but the ones that you do get are consistent and good.  When you want dim sum, and the staples, this is it.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s